Any type of construction greater than 120 square feet requires a building permit
New Construction Residential & Commercial Structures:
- $0.30 per square foot for all heated space
- $0.15 per square foot for all enclosed un-heated space
- $0.05 per square foot on all open and/or covered space (i.e. porches, decks)
- Electrical Permit: $10.00, plus $3.00 per 1,000 square feet
- Plumbing Permit: $10.00, plus $1.00 per plumbing fixture
- Mechanical Permit: $10.00 per unit (new homes). No permit needed for a window unit
Non-Heated/Cooled Accessory Structures:
Enclosed utility, shed detached garages, etc.
$0.15 per square foot or $60 whichever is greater
Open Covered/Uncovered Structures:
Open shelters, lean-to structures, porches, decks, carports, etc
$0.05 per square foot or $60 whichever is greater
Electrical permit: rewire, change out, new service (vacant house/mobile home) $60
Plumbing permit: $60
Mechanical permit: $60
Habitability Inspection: Manufactured Home/Commercial Office Unit $60 ($.485/mile if out-of-county)
Re-inspection Fee: $50
One re-inspection on residential/commercial new construction is included in the initial permit. Any additional re-inspections will incur the fee
Swimming pools, Hot Tubs, Spas: $75.00 Public use, $60 private
Agricultural buildings: For all new buildings used for agricultural purposes, new constructions, alterations & additions to existing buildings, the building permit fee will be $60. If there is electrical, plumbing or mechanical, additional fees will apply.
After the Fact Permit: Permit issued after construction has started – All fees+100% if fees
Minimum Permit Fee: The minimum permit fee is $60. Any applications below that mark will be rounded up.